Are you looking for the best best baby carrier for plus size parents? You’re in the right place!
As a mid-size mama myself, I am familiar with the challenges of finding a baby carrier that ticks all the boxes and is comfortable! I loved baby-wearing with both of my babies and still do it quite often!
I wanted to make a guide on the best baby carriers for plus size so other parents who are looking for the perfect carrier can narrow it down. In this blog post we will discuss the best baby carriers for plus-size parents.
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a baby carrier for plus-size parents.
First, you’ll want to make sure that the carrier is comfortable for both you and your child. It should distribute the weight evenly and not put any unnecessary strain on your back or shoulders. It is also preferable that your carrier have soft fabric.
Second, you’ll want to find a carrier that offers good support and is adjustable to fit your body type. You’ll want to make sure that the carrier is adjustable. This way, you can ensure a proper fit for both you and your child as they grow.
Lastly, you’ll want to find a carrier that is durable and can withstand the wear and tear of everyday use. It’s also nice that they are machine washable so that they are easy to care for. You’ll also want to check the weight limit of each carrier and consider whether you’ll be using it in warm weather or not.
When choosing a baby carrier for plus-size parents, it is important to keep these things in mind in order to find the best possible option for you and your family.
Types of Carriers
There are several sorts of carriers available. The sort of carrier you buy is determined by your needs and personal preferences. Here’s a comparison of the differences:
A common carrier is ideal for regular usage. They are pleasant to wear and allow you to carry your child in a variety of ways. Buckles and buttons are frequently included with carriers to provide additional hip, back, shoulder, and neck cushion.
It fits both newborns and older babies equally well. If you want greater support, a structured baby carrier is excellent. These are also called a buckle carrier (because they have a buckle as part of the waist belt).
This type of carrier is the most adjustable overall.
A wrap is a long piece of cloth that you can tie around your body in a variety of ways to keep your baby closer to you. These are great for newborn babies
Wraps are ideal for newborns and provide both you and your child with a lot of support. In wraps, babies may only be worn forward-facing. These are suitable for many different body types because of their lengths. Some come in different sizes.
Stretchy wraps offer a lot of size inclusivity because they fit many different body types.
Wraps are adjustable, however, they can get warm if you’re wearing your baby for long time and are not always the most supportive.
A sling is a single piece of cloth that wraps across one shoulder and secures your baby near to your body. Slings are ideal for on-the-go nursing and are often more convenient to breastfeed in than other kinds of carriers.
In a ring sling, one or two metal rings are embedded in the fabric. In slings, babies can only be worn forward-facing. Baby slings are suitable for both newborns and older toddlers.
Also called a meh dai, It looks similar to a conventional carrier, but it has a more complicated design and may be adjusted to fit various carrying positions.
Mei teis can be worn facing in or out and usually have multiple straps that go over both shoulders.
This post may contain affiliate links. GenThirty may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this resource.
Best Baby Carriers For Plus Size Parents
Our first two picks are from the same brand. Solly Baby is a great choice for plus-size baby-wearers because it is soft and stretchy.
The Solly Baby Wrap is a great option for plus-size wearers who want to keep their baby close.
This wrap is made from 100% Lenzing modal and is designed to be comfortable for both you and your baby. It also has a built-in support system that helps to distribute your baby’s weight evenly, which can help to prevent back pain.
They have two options to pick from based on your baby’s weight:
- The Wrap is for babies 8-25 lbs.
- The Carrier is designed for babies 15-45 lbs.
They are both stretchy and made of breathable fabric. Their carriers are made from sustainably sourced 100% certified TENCEL™ modal that is sourced from the pulp of Austrian Beechwood trees. They are also biodegradable and sewn in Los Angeles. You’ll fall in love with the stretchy material of this wrap carrier.
The Solly Baby Carrier is a top choice that you can’t go wrong with! It is a soft structured carrier that is very flexible because of it being a baby wrap. It is also machine washable so it is very easy to care for.
Overall it’s a really comfortable baby carrier that most parents will enjoy using with their baby. Solly Baby Wraps also comes in so many different colors, you’ll definitely find one you love!
The Ergo OMNI 360 is a top pick because it has a 58 inch waistband! This means it can be comfortable for parents of all sizes who want to wear their baby.
It’s also great because it is an all-in-one, newborn-ready Omni 360 that has all the carry positions. The Ergobaby Omni 360 was awarded best baby carrier because it grow with you from week 1 to month 48!
It’s nice because it’s easily adjustable. It has crossable shoulder straps that give a personalized and comfortable fit for each wearer.
Additionally, it provides lumbar support for extra back comfort, has a detachable storage pouch, and is made of Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Certified Fabric – a win-win.
Definitely consider the OMNI 360 as a plus-size babywearer. It has a lot of great features and is made of quality fabric.
Boba Wrap 4Gs – Top Pick
The Boba 4Gs is a very versatile wrap! The waist strap extends up to 58 inches PLUS they will also provide for FREE additional waist and chest strap extenders to those who need them.
The 4Gs is made using 100% cotton It is also machine washable which makes it so convenient!
It includes a detachable infant insert that has two configurations for babies starting at 7lbs and 10lbs.
It is also ergonomic and Certified Hip Healthy by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. Plus, it can be used for babies up to 45lbs with no additional adjustments.
It is also extremely breastfeeding-friendly for those who are nursing! All you need to do is scoot the baby down to your breast and get comfortable.
Tula (Free-to-Grow) – Best For Longevity
Tula is well-loved carrier brand for so many reasons! Whether you have a newborn or preschooler, they’ve got you covered! Their carriers include:
- Explore Forward Facing Adjustable Carriers (7-45 lbs)
- Free-to-Grow Newborn to Toddler Baby Carriers (7-45lbs)
- Tula Lite Compact Travel Carrier (12-30 lbs)
- Toddler Carriers (25-60 lbs)
- Preschool Carriers (35-70 lbs)
- Signature Woven Baby Carriers
- Ring Slings
For a plus-size parents, you’ll probably want to go with the Free-to-Grow carrier!
The Free-to-Grow has padded and adjustable shoulder straps as well as a wide, padded waistband.
This helps to reduce the strain of carrying the baby on your neck, shoulders and back. Additionally, their infant carrier is designed to physically support both you and your baby for when your baby is smaller.
The Free-to-Grow Carrier’s waistband goes up to 56 inches. If you want a little more wiggle room, the Standard, Mesh, and Toddler carriers all go up to 57 inches.
Lillebaby All Seasons – Best For Support
The main benefit of this carrier is that the waistbelt extends up to 61.5 inches with an extender! The standard fit us up to 52 inches (which is said to be a woman’s size 22/24). We love an adjustable carrier that supports different body shapes.
If you’re looking for an adjustable, comfy carrier that can be used all year, the Lillebaby All Seasons is a great pick!
The All Seasons has six carrying configurations, added lumbar support, as well as a zip-down front panel making nursing simple. Additionally, it also includes an infant insert for babies weighing 7-15 pounds.
This is a very sturdy, adjustable, and versatile carrier that will last you for many years to come.
This carrier also has a slim zippered pocket that can hold your phone, keys, and money for hands-free adventures.
It’s also adjustable so other caregivers can wear it too. It has two-way adjustable straps, an extendable back panel, lumbar support, and an adaptable seat creating near limitless options for an ergonomic fit.
It is also extremely well priced in my opinion for such a versatile carrier. This is the best carrier for long days of baby wearing. And one of the best carriers for plus size parents.
Beco offers four different carry positions and is said to fit sizes XS to XXL. It has a breastfeeding buckle to make nursing in the carrier simple.
The Beco allows facing outward position in a positive ergonomic way and you can change baby’s position from inward to outward without taking the carrier off.
The waist belt is comfortably back friendly and easy to put on yourself. Reviews report that someone up to 6 feet 8 inches has won the carrier comfortable.
There is head support and it is breathable while still being able to provide shade and sun-blocking.
It also has a nice look to it:
The Baby K’tan comes in sizes XS-XL with size XL fitting up to a woman’s size 24. This carrier is nice because it has a supportive waist belt that helps distribute your babies weight.
This carrier also holds your baby in hip-healthy positions up to 35 lbs. It’s made from 100% cotton so it’s comfortable for both you and baby!
In Summary: Best Carriers For Plus Size Parents
As you can see, there are actually a great number of supportive carrier options for plus-size parents! These six carriers offer generous waist and shoulder belt sizes and even have additional extenders if you are looking for more room.
More Helpful Guides:
Baby and Toddler
- 19 Best Minimalist Shoes For Kids and Toddlers [and Barefoot Shoes]
- Best Baby Shoes For Fat Feet (and Wide Feet) 2023
- 45+ Affordable Organic Baby Clothing Brands
- 25 Eco Friendly Baby Clothes Brands For Your Baby
- 10 Best Baby Shampoo For Curly Hair 
- 9 Best Pacifiers For a Breastfed Baby
- 10 Best Baby Shoes For Early Walkers 
- 10 Best Organic Baby Pajamas – Mom Approved
- Non Toxic Sand For Sandbox: 3 Picks
- 8 Minimalist Winter Shoes For Toddlers (2023)
- 12 Best Stainless Steel Sippy Cup Options For Every Budget
- Best Organic Toddler Pillow Options 
- The 10 Best Toddler Sleep Sacks (2023)
- 12 Infant and Toddler Large Motor Activities
- 25 Water Toys for Kids
- 8 Best Organic Vitamins For Kids
- Lovevery Block Set Review: Is It Worth It?
- Best Non Toxic Baby Sunscreen – 6 Picks (Tested 2023)
- 5 Best Non-Toxic Nail Polish For Toddlers (2023 Picks Tested)
- Top 7 Best Organic Baby Cereal Picks (2023)
Home and Nursery
- 12 Best Split Screen Baby Monitors 
- Non-Toxic Baby Pool Options For Kids 
- 20 Best Rocking Chairs and Gliders For a Small Nursery 
- The 20 Best Blackout Curtains For Your Nursery 
- 10 Best Nursery Chairs For Small Spaces 
- Top 8 Best Non Toxic Baby Swing Options 
- Best Baby Swing for Reflux – 7 Picks 
- 6 Best Organic Cotton Crib Sheets 
- 8 Non-Toxic Couches For a Healthy Living Room
- The 20 Best Blackout Curtains For Your Nursery 
- 10 Best Baby Activity Table Picks (2023)
- 9 Best Baby Play Gym Picks (2023)
- 7 Best Baby Bath Seat Picks (2023)
- 10 Best Cheap Baby Monitor Options 2023
- 8 Best Fans For a Nursery and Baby’s Room 
- 9 Best Bassinet For Breastfeeding – 2023 Picks
- The Best Bassinet For Small Spaces – Top 10 
- 11 Best Natural Baby Laundry Detergent Picks
- 8 Best Non Toxic Crib Mattress Picks
- Best Organic Nursing Pillow (5 Top Picks)
- 8 Best Non Toxic Crib Mattress Picks
- 9 Top Bathtub for Toddlers Picks (2023)
- 7 Best Non Toxic Crib Options 2023
- 15 Best Baby Carriers For Nursing 
- Best Baby Carriers For Plus Size Parents 
- 7 Best Cameras For Sports Moms (2023)
- 10 Best Blenders For Pureeing Food
- Best Baby Carrier For Disney World (Top 7 – 2023)
- Best Diono Car Seat – 7 Car Seats Compared
- 9 Best Toddler Hiking Boots 2023
- Best Travel Baby Monitor Picks 
- 9 Best Baby Carriers For Travel
- 20 Best Baby Toys For Airplane Travel
- 20 Best Toddler Toys For Road Trips
- The Best Kids Shoes For Disney 
- 7 Best Baby Travel Bed Options – Ranked By A Traveling Mom
- 6 Best Toddler Headphones for a Plane Ride (2023)