I think it’s important to invest in your relationship. You want to encourage each other and appreciate each other, through good times and bad times. It can be grounding to know that your partner appreciates you.
It doesn’t always come naturally to say words of encouragement. If your love language is words of affirmation, then it might, but for many of us, words on encouragement can be hard to think of. And oftentimes we might even forget that we need to say them. Here are 75 motivational quotes for husbands, wives, partners, and happy marriages. You don’t always have to have the right words, but these sweet love quotes can reaffirm even the deepest love.
Photos in this post are by Price Life Photography.
75 Motivational Quotes for Husbands
1. “I will be by your side through it.”
When dealing with something difficult, saying this can provide a layer of emotional support that can give your partner strength.
2. “I will always have your back.”
Husbands and wives may become sick of each other at times, but they should never resent the person that they promised to love ’til death do them part. You can show your spouse how much you care by making sure that he or she is happy and safe. This is something great to say to your best friend.
3. “In every good marriage, it helps to be a little deaf.” — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
4. “Your happiness is my happiness.”
A happy husband makes a happy wife, and vice versa. This word of encouragement for husbands and wives isn’t just to say that you should strive to please one another – it means that your partner’s joy is more important.
5. “I’ll always be your biggest cheerleader.”
Encourage your spouse to follow their dreams, and cheer them on every step of the way. If they succeed, then you will feel happy for them. If they fail, then at least you can comfort each other with the knowledge that they tried their best.
6. “No matter what, we will always be together.”
Differences in a happy marriage should be respected and appreciated. Whether you are vegetarian while your partner is a meat-eater, or you are an introvert while your spouse is more outgoing, these differences should not separate you but instead bring you closer together.
7. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” — Arwen, The Fellowship of the Ring
8. “You are my happy ending.”
From heartbreak to loneliness to confusion, life can be a challenging journey that is compounded by the wrong romantic partner. If you have found your happy ending in each other, then cherish it instead of taking it for granted. This is the deepest love.
9. “You are my home.”
Home isn’t just where you live but who you live with. If you feel happy and safe by your spouse’s side, this word of encouragement for husbands and wives can remind you that there will always be a place where you belong.
10. “I love everything about you.”
Everyone is insecure at times and may feel like their partner doesn’t truly understand or appreciate them, but there should never be a need to feel this way in a happy marriage. Whether your spouse’s quirks are endearing or irksome, you should love them all and be happy with who they are.
11. “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
12. “Every day with you is better than the last.”
Even when life throws challenges at happy marriages, husbands and wives should always look forward to coming home to one another. This is a good thing to say!
13. “You are my happy place.”
When you’re struggling with your own happiness, take comfort in knowing that your happy marriage can bring you joy when nothing else can.
14. “I’m here for you no matter what.”
In a happy marriage, this word of encouragement for husbands and wives means that you will show up without fail to support and comfort your spouse in both happy and trying times. A good husband someone you want to be there for.
15. “Our future is bright.”
Happy marriages can weather any storm, from the loss of a loved one to financial struggles to health problems. While some happy marriages may be tested by these hardships, they should always come out happy and stronger in the end. That’s your love story.
16. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A.A. Milne
17. “You are my favorite person to see each morning.”
Every happy marriage should begin with this word of encouragement for husbands and wives every day. Waking up next to your spouse should always be a happy moment, not one to be dreaded or feared.
18. “I’m happy you’re happy.”
Your spouse’s happiness is very important to you. Even if you are not the source of your spouse’s joy, it still makes you happy when they are happy. Dear husband, I’m happy you’re happy.
19. “I love falling asleep next to you.”
There should always be time for quality sleep in a happy marriage – whether it’s together or apart.
20. “I’m happy you were born.”
What could be a greater happy marriage word of encouragement? This phrase is perfect for a happy husband to say to his happy wife on their anniversary, their birthday, or any day where they feel especially thankful.
21. “People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.” — Dr. Seuss
22. “You deserve the best in life.”
Happiness is not just about making your spouse happy but also making sure that they are living the fulfilling life that they deserve. If you are unhappy and unfulfilled despite being married to someone who cares deeply for you, then this happy marriage word of encouragement is pertinent indeed.
23. “I feel so happy just being with you.”
In happy marriages, simple presence can be the most joyful thing of all. Even on bad days, this in a text message can be just what you need to hear.
24. “You are my hope for a happy tomorrow.”
A happy marriage is always filled with hope that tomorrow will remain happy and nowhere else but in your spouse’s arms.
25. “I’m happy I married you.”
Happy marriages often come to a point where one happy spouse cannot imagine life without the other. If this happy marriage word of encouragement has come to mind for you, then cherish it and don’t take your happy husband or happy wife for granted.
26. “May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise.” — Rumi
27. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” — Bruce Lee
28. “I’m happy just by seeing you happy.”
Some happy marriages might have a lot going on behind closed doors that no one knows about – arguments, struggles, or problems that do not reflect what their partner sees in public. If this is true for you and your spouse, then find comfort in knowing how much happiness they show rests upon love and understanding in private moments only between the two of you.
29. “You’re the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep at night.”
Happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives can be said on a happy anniversary, happy birthday, or happy holiday. No matter the time or place, your spouse will always be happy to hear this happy marriage word of encouragement from you.
30. “I’m happy just being near you.”
Just like happiness is in your presence, so too should it be in your absence as well – knowing that even when apart there is still a deep connection with one another that brings a sparkle to both their eyes and yours when the two of you are finally reunited again once more. Great marriages can also happen in comfortable silence.
31. “There is nothing I wouldn’t do for you.”
Happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives can be said in happy times and happy moments. In happy marriages, goals are set to make the other happy, no matter what it takes. It’s nice to go the extra mile.
32. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you will be happy. If you get a bad one, you will be a philosopher.” — Socrates
33. “True love is inexhaustible. The more you give, the more you have.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
34. “I’m happy with everything our future holds for us.”
In happy marriages, the future is always bright and filled with hope of a happy life together in which each spouse will go out of their way to make sure that the other is happy every single day – even if it means sacrificing their own happiness in certain situations.
35. “I’m proud to call you my partner.”
Your partner should always feel loved by you. In a successful marriage, you’re proud of each other.
36. “I’m happy you exist.”
In happy marriages, the presence of one makes the other happy as well – happy to have been given a chance to love before their time here is over.
37. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
38. “You make me happy every day.”
There are many happy marriage words of encouragement for husbands and wives that can be said every day in happy moments – this is just one example among many. The key is that your spouse should always feel loved, appreciated, and happy that they were rewarded with a spouse like you who makes them so happy in turn.
39. “Our future together looks brighter than ever.”
If there are problems in happy marriages, happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives can also be said to help keep their hope alive that tomorrow will be happy. That’s true love.
40. “I’m happy just knowing you.”
There’s a lot that goes on behind closed doors in happy marriages but there is still so much happiness visible in a happy marriage relationship which can only come from the spouse who loves them so deeply – your partner.
41. “You make me happy no matter what.”
No matter what happiness might look like for your spouse, they want to know that you are happy with them as well without any restrictions or conditions. Happiness should never be denied to anyone especially not in marriage this is one of the biggest happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives.
42. “You were worth the wait.”
You are happy your spouse is happy but they are happy just to have been able to spend their life with you as well. That’s a soul mate.
43. “You make me happy every time I see that smile.”
This happy marriage word of encouragement can be said in all happy moments – a happy anniversary, happy birthday, or simply when you both first see one another after being apart for a short time or a long one. No matter what happiness might look like for each spouse individually, it’s always important to feel loved by the other when together once more after time spent apart either due to distance or busy schedules.
44. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
45. “I love my husband. I believe in him, and I am proud of his accomplishments.” – Pat Nixon
46. “What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life — to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?” — George Eliot
47. “I could search the whole world and never find another person like you.
Your spouse should always feel happy to know that they were loved by someone with an undying smile which will never fade or dull because of their happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives – one meant only for them.
48. “You make me happy.”
If your partner brings you joy, let them know! It always feels good to feel appreciated.
49. “My life is happy because of you.”
No matter how tough times get there will always be hope to cling on to that tomorrow will feel like a happy day spent together again.
50. “I’m here for you.”
Sometimes your partner just needs t o know you have their back.
51. “You inspire me to be a better person.”
I think it’s important to find inspiration in your spouse. Whether you admire their passion for something or their dedication, let them know!
52. “You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life.” — Julia Child
53. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
54. “I will always be by your side.”
It can be hard to go through tough times alone. And it can be encouraging for your partner to know that you stand with them, even through hard times.
55. “I respect you.”
Mutual respect in a relationship is important. And saying this out loud to your partner can affirm that respect, especially in times of discontent.
56. “Home is where you are”
Home isn’t a permanent location, it’s where my husband is.
57. “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
58. “I choose you.”
Over and over again, every day. A million times over.
59. “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” — Mark Twain
60. “Your dedication is powerful.”
Let you partner know that their dedication to their craft, work, your relationship, your children, etc is admirable. Their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.
61. “You are worth fighting for.”
Whether it be in your relationship or in work, let your partner know they are worth the battle.
62. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë
63. “I love being my husband’s wife.” – Julianna Margulies
64. “An easy-going husband is the one indispensable comfort of life.” – Ouida
65. You have it all within you.
Everything you need is right inside of you. And for everything else, there’s me.
66. I’m here to stand by your side.
Remind your love that you are always there with them.
67. I’m proud to be your partner.
Being proud of someone is the next best thing to loving them.
68. Life is better with you.
Let them know that you are honored to have them in your life.
69. “Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.” – Rumi
70. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
71. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring.” – Oscar Wilde
72. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
73. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” – Emily Dickinson
74. “Laughter is the language of the soul.” ― Pablo Neruda
75. “Work is love made visible.” – Kahlil Gibran
I hope these motivational quotes for husbands (and let’s be honest, all partnerships) are inspiring for you! Not every relationship has to be a fairy tale. That’s not the only thing that matters. The right thing to do is to appreciate and be honest with your partner. I hope these marriage quotes help you have an amazing life.