Every now and then you might need some motivational quotes for husbands – here are 100 thoughtful quotes to choose from.
I think it’s important to invest in your relationship.
You want to encourage each other and appreciate each other, through good times and bad times. It can be grounding to know that your partner appreciates you.
It doesn’t always come naturally to say words of encouragement.
If your love language is words of affirmation, then it might, but for many of us, words on encouragement can be hard to think of.
And oftentimes we might even forget that we need to say them.
Here are 75 motivational quotes for husbands, wives, partners, and happy marriages.
You don’t always have to have the right words, but these sweet love quotes can reaffirm even the deepest love.
Photos in this post are by Price Life Photography.
100 Motivational Quotes for Husbands
1. “I will be by your side through it.”
When dealing with something difficult, saying this can provide a layer of emotional support that can give your partner strength.
2. “I will always have your back.”
Husbands and wives may become sick of each other at times, but they should never resent the person that they promised to love ’til death do them part. You can show your spouse how much you care by making sure that he or she is happy and safe. This is something great to say to your best friend.
3. “In every good marriage, it helps to be a little deaf.” — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
4. “Your happiness is my happiness.”
A happy husband makes a happy wife, and vice versa. This word of encouragement for husbands and wives isn’t just to say that you should strive to please one another – it means that your partner’s joy is more important.
5. “I’ll always be your biggest cheerleader.”
Encourage your spouse to follow their dreams, and cheer them on every step of the way. If they succeed, then you will feel happy for them. If they fail, then at least you can comfort each other with the knowledge that they tried their best.
6. “No matter what, we will always be together.”
Differences in a happy marriage should be respected and appreciated. Whether you are vegetarian while your partner is a meat-eater, or you are an introvert while your spouse is more outgoing, these differences should not separate you but instead bring you closer together.
7. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” — Arwen, The Fellowship of the Ring
8. “You are my happy ending.”
From heartbreak to loneliness to confusion, life can be a challenging journey that is compounded by the wrong romantic partner. If you have found your happy ending in each other, then cherish it instead of taking it for granted. This is the deepest love.
9. “You are my home.”
Home isn’t just where you live but who you live with. If you feel happy and safe by your spouse’s side, this word of encouragement for husbands and wives can remind you that there will always be a place where you belong.
10. “I love everything about you.”
Everyone is insecure at times and may feel like their partner doesn’t truly understand or appreciate them, but there should never be a need to feel this way in a happy marriage. Whether your spouse’s quirks are endearing or irksome, you should love them all and be happy with who they are.
11. “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
12. “Every day with you is better than the last.”
Even when life throws challenges at happy marriages, husbands and wives should always look forward to coming home to one another. This is a good thing to say!
13. “You are my happy place.”
When you’re struggling with your own happiness, take comfort in knowing that your happy marriage can bring you joy when nothing else can.
14. “I’m here for you no matter what.”
In a happy marriage, this word of encouragement for husbands and wives means that you will show up without fail to support and comfort your spouse in both happy and trying times. A good husband someone you want to be there for.
15. “Our future is bright.”
Happy marriages can weather any storm, from the loss of a loved one to financial struggles to health problems. While some happy marriages may be tested by these hardships, they should always come out happy and stronger in the end. That’s your love story.
16. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A.A. Milne
17. “You are my favorite person to see each morning.”
Every happy marriage should begin with this word of encouragement for husbands and wives every day. Waking up next to your spouse should always be a happy moment, not one to be dreaded or feared.
18. “I’m happy you’re happy.”
Your spouse’s happiness is very important to you. Even if you are not the source of your spouse’s joy, it still makes you happy when they are happy. Dear husband, I’m happy you’re happy.
19. “I love falling asleep next to you.”
There should always be time for quality sleep in a happy marriage – whether it’s together or apart.
20. “I’m happy you were born.”
What could be a greater happy marriage word of encouragement? This phrase is perfect for a happy husband to say to his happy wife on their anniversary, their birthday, or any day where they feel especially thankful.
21. “People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.” — Dr. Seuss
22. “You deserve the best in life.”
Happiness is not just about making your spouse happy but also making sure that they are living the fulfilling life that they deserve. If you are unhappy and unfulfilled despite being married to someone who cares deeply for you, then this happy marriage word of encouragement is pertinent indeed.
23. “I feel so happy just being with you.”
In happy marriages, simple presence can be the most joyful thing of all. Even on bad days, this in a text message can be just what you need to hear.
24. “You are my hope for a happy tomorrow.”
A happy marriage is always filled with hope that tomorrow will remain happy and nowhere else but in your spouse’s arms.
25. “I’m happy I married you.”
Happy marriages often come to a point where one happy spouse cannot imagine life without the other. If this happy marriage word of encouragement has come to mind for you, then cherish it and don’t take your happy husband or happy wife for granted.
26. “May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise.” — Rumi
27. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” — Bruce Lee
28. “I’m happy just by seeing you happy.”
Some happy marriages might have a lot going on behind closed doors that no one knows about – arguments, struggles, or problems that do not reflect what their partner sees in public. If this is true for you and your spouse, then find comfort in knowing how much happiness they show rests upon love and understanding in private moments only between the two of you.
29. “You’re the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep at night.”
Happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives can be said on a happy anniversary, happy birthday, or happy holiday. No matter the time or place, your spouse will always be happy to hear this happy marriage word of encouragement from you.
30. “I’m happy just being near you.”
Just like happiness is in your presence, so too should it be in your absence as well – knowing that even when apart there is still a deep connection with one another that brings a sparkle to both their eyes and yours when the two of you are finally reunited again once more. Great marriages can also happen in comfortable silence.
31. “There is nothing I wouldn’t do for you.”
Happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives can be said in happy times and happy moments. In happy marriages, goals are set to make the other happy, no matter what it takes. It’s nice to go the extra mile.
32. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you will be happy. If you get a bad one, you will be a philosopher.” — Socrates
33. “True love is inexhaustible. The more you give, the more you have.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
34. “I’m happy with everything our future holds for us.”
In happy marriages, the future is always bright and filled with hope of a happy life together in which each spouse will go out of their way to make sure that the other is happy every single day – even if it means sacrificing their own happiness in certain situations.
35. “I’m proud to call you my partner.”
Your partner should always feel loved by you. In a successful marriage, you’re proud of each other.
36. “I’m happy you exist.”
In happy marriages, the presence of one makes the other happy as well – happy to have been given a chance to love before their time here is over.
37. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
38. “You make me happy every day.”
There are many happy marriage words of encouragement for husbands and wives that can be said every day in happy moments – this is just one example among many. The key is that your spouse should always feel loved, appreciated, and happy that they were rewarded with a spouse like you who makes them so happy in turn.
39. “Our future together looks brighter than ever.”
If there are problems in happy marriages, happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives can also be said to help keep their hope alive that tomorrow will be happy. That’s true love.
40. “I’m happy just knowing you.”
There’s a lot that goes on behind closed doors in happy marriages but there is still so much happiness visible in a happy marriage relationship which can only come from the spouse who loves them so deeply – your partner.
41. “You make me happy no matter what.”
No matter what happiness might look like for your spouse, they want to know that you are happy with them as well without any restrictions or conditions. Happiness should never be denied to anyone especially not in marriage this is one of the biggest happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives.
42. “You were worth the wait.”
You are happy your spouse is happy but they are happy just to have been able to spend their life with you as well. That’s a soul mate.
43. “You make me happy every time I see that smile.”
This happy marriage word of encouragement can be said in all happy moments – a happy anniversary, happy birthday, or simply when you both first see one another after being apart for a short time or a long one. No matter what happiness might look like for each spouse individually, it’s always important to feel loved by the other when together once more after time spent apart either due to distance or busy schedules.
44. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
45. “I love my husband. I believe in him, and I am proud of his accomplishments.” – Pat Nixon
46. “What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life — to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?” — George Eliot
47. “I could search the whole world and never find another person like you.
Your spouse should always feel happy to know that they were loved by someone with an undying smile which will never fade or dull because of their happy marriage word of encouragement for husbands and wives – one meant only for them.
48. “You make me happy.”
If your partner brings you joy, let them know! It always feels good to feel appreciated.
49. “My life is happy because of you.”
No matter how tough times get there will always be hope to cling on to that tomorrow will feel like a happy day spent together again.
50. “I’m here for you.”
Sometimes your partner just needs t o know you have their back.
51. “You inspire me to be a better person.”
I think it’s important to find inspiration in your spouse. Whether you admire their passion for something or their dedication, let them know!
52. “You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life.” — Julia Child
53. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
54. “I will always be by your side.”
It can be hard to go through tough times alone. And it can be encouraging for your partner to know that you stand with them, even through hard times.
55. “I respect you.”
Mutual respect in a relationship is important. And saying this out loud to your partner can affirm that respect, especially in times of discontent.
56. “Home is where you are”
Home isn’t a permanent location, it’s where my husband is.
57. “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
58. “I choose you.”
Over and over again, every day. A million times over.
59. “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” — Mark Twain
60. “Your dedication is powerful.”
Let you partner know that their dedication to their craft, work, your relationship, your children, etc is admirable. Their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.
61. “You are worth fighting for.”
Whether it be in your relationship or in work, let your partner know they are worth the battle.
62. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë
63. “I love being my husband’s wife.” – Julianna Margulies
64. “An easy-going husband is the one indispensable comfort of life.” – Ouida
65. You have it all within you.
Everything you need is right inside of you. And for everything else, there’s me.
66. I’m here to stand by your side.
Remind your love that you are always there with them.
67. I’m proud to be your partner.
Being proud of someone is the next best thing to loving them.
68. Life is better with you.
Let them know that you are honored to have them in your life.
69. “Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.” – Rumi
This one is so sweet and tender.
70. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
This quote speaks to the hopeless romantic in my heart.
71. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring.” – Oscar Wilde
How lovely is this one?
72. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
73. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” – Emily Dickinson
For when you’re missing your husband.
74. “Laughter is the language of the soul.” ― Pablo Neruda
Perfect quote for an anniversary.
75. “Work is love made visible.” – Kahlil Gibran
When you’re going through a tough time.
76. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
I love this one for an anniversary or when your husband achieves something great.
77. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
When they need an extra boost of confidence.
78. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
This one is perfect for a job change.
79. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Let this strong woman motivate the strong man in your life.
80. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
For when something didn’t go his way.
81. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
82. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
This one is great for when they have something new on their mind.
83. “Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world.” – Roy T. Bennett
Remind him of how much a difference he makes.
84. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
85. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Tell him this one if he’s starting to doubt himself.
86. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
This quote is one to remind him to keep going and he will achieve his dreams.
87. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
The quote we all thrived on in elementary school.
88. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
A poignant reminder when he is hung up on a mistake.
89. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This one is extremely motivational to remind him to stick to his path in life.
90. “There is no one just like you.”
Remind him of this when he is suffering from comparison.
91. “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” – Brian Tracy
I love this one for a pick me up in hard times.
92. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
Inspire him to keep going.
93. “Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world.” – Roy T. Bennett
Don’t let him measure his success against other people.
94. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
A gentle reminder that courage comes in many forms.
95. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
A reminder we all need in hard times.
96. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” – Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
Keep in mind that our time on this earth is not infinite.
97. “It’s not about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – Rocky Balboa
If this isn’t motivational, I don’t know what is!
98. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
A reminder to appreciate life where you are.
99. “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda, Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back
This is one of my favorite quotes of all time.
100. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King
Rafiki coming in clutch with a reminder that he is better than his past.
In Summary: Motivational Quotes For Husbands
This post was all about motivational quotes for husbands. Hopefully you found one that speaks to your heart!
I hope these motivational quotes for husbands (and let’s be honest, all partnerships) are inspiring for you! Not every relationship has to be a fairy tale.
That’s not the only thing that matters. The right thing to do is to appreciate and be honest with your partner. I hope these marriage quotes help you have an amazing life.
Posts About Life In Your 30s
- Best 225+ Turning 30 Phrases, Wishes, Messages for a 30th Birthday
- 10 Things To Look Forward To In Your 30s
- 10 Best Blogs To Read In Your 30s
- 30 Books to Read In Your 30s
- 50 Inspiring Quotes For Your 30s
- The Ultimate Bucket List For Your 30s
- Turning 30 Poems: 30 Poems For 30th Birthday Wishes
- Turning 30 Humor and Turning 30 Jokes That Will Make You Laugh
- Cheers to 30 Years: How I’m Approaching My Thirties
- How To Deal With Overbearing Parents at 30
- 30th Birthday Party Themes: 36 Ideas To Celebrate in Style
- Gifts For Women In Their 30s
- How To Get My Life Together At 30
- How To Reinvent Yourself At 30
- 50 Movies Every Woman Should Watch In Her 30s
- 200+ Smile Quotes for Instagram to Inspire You
- 30 Great Gifts For Someone Turning 30
- How To Dress In Your 30s: 21 Must-Have Style Pieces
- Being In Your 30s: Everything You Need To Know
- 40 Hairstyles For Women In Their 30s
- Being Broke at 30: What To Do About It
- Starting Over In Your 30s: Where To Go From Here
Health and Skincare In Your 30s
- 9 Best Concealers For Mature Skin 2023
- 7 Non Toxic Hair Dye For Grey Hair Options
- How To Look Young at 30
- Best Blush For Aging Skin
- 30 Best Foundations for Women in Their 30s
- 20 Best Night Creams For Your 30s
- Botox at 30
- Signs of Aging at 30: What You Really Need To Know
- 15 Best Eye Cream For Your 30s
- Hot Flashes at 30: What You Need To Know
- Acne at 30 Years Old: Causes and Treatments of Adult Acne
- Wrinkles Under Eyes At 30 (Causes and Prevention)
- Getting Tonsils Removed at 30? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Female Body Changes at 30: 10 Things You Need To Know
- The Top 10 Best Olay Products For Your 30s (2023)
- Braces at 30: Everything You Need To Know
- Building Muscle In Your 30s: How To Build Strength