Approaching 30 can feel heavy. It can feel like an end and a beginning all in one. There are many positive things about ending your 20s and entering your 30s, though. These inspiring quotes for your 30s are just what you need to read to calm your mind and find peace within this powerful change.
Quotes For Your 30s
1. “The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.” – Hervey Allen
A lot of our youth is spent thinking about the future. Are our golden years spent thinking about the past? Our 30s are the beginning of our “middle” years. The time between dreams and regrets; they’re the time to make things happen.
2. “If you don’t feel it, flee from it. Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated.” – Paul F. Davis
Let your 30s be the time you leave everything that does not bring you the absolute most joy in life behind. Let it be the time you invest yourself into relationships that respect and honor you back.
3. “Show respect to people who don’t even deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.” – Dave Willis
I’ve always believed that the way one person treats another person is a reflection of their character not yours. In your 30s, let your character shine in the way you treat others.
4. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
Stop holding onto what is merely acceptable. Even if something is “good,” if it’s not the right fit, it’s not the right fit.
5. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boose
It’s time to let go of past grievances. Like this quote reminds us, forgiveness opens up the future to use.
6. “Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty.” – Robert Frost
I don’t really know what this quote means but I’m going to take it to mean that women only get better as we age.
7. “Everything I know I learned after I was thirty.” – Georges Clemenceau
Your 20s are a powerful decade of growth and development. All of our true values start to emerge, and all of it starts to make sense after we turn 30.
8. “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent, and not enough time on what is important.” – Steven Covey
I like that this quote reminds us to focus on the important things in our lives, which may or may not always be the top thing on our to-do list. I’ve done a lot of internal work on boundary setting and had a lot of conversations on the topic with my podcast co-host Marina. Setting boundaries is so important in controlling your schedule and ultimately how you spend your time.
9. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
I think as we age, we start to care far less about our “failures” in life. In our 20s, it seems like everything we don’t get exactly right is a failure. You have not failed if you do not accomplish what you set out to do. It’s okay to change course.
10. “At 30 you finally start to catch up to those dreams you’ve been chasing for the last 10 plus years.” – Bonnidette Lantz
At 30, you start to turn your dreams into plans and stop caring about what other people think.
11. “The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” – Seneca
We can’t ever really predict what is going to happen in the future, so why wait? Time can starts to feel finite in our 30s. And it’s the time we start living for ourselves. .
12. “Action expresses priorities.” – Gandhi
How you spend your time and what you spend your time doing is how you know what your priorities are. Our schedules no longer run us, we run our schedules.
13. “Ten years from now make sure you can say you chose your life, you didn’t settle for it.” – Mandy Hale
I try to live my life without regrets. I always ask myself, “when I look back on my life will I regret not doing this?” and use that as a guiding principle for my actions.
14. “My mom said to me, ‘You know, sweetheart, you should settle down and marry a rich man,” “I said, ‘Mom, I am a rich man.” – Cher
This one speaks for itself. Make sure you have financial autonomy.
15. “There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
Rise to your full potential and you will have lived your life as it was meant to be.
16. “When you realize it’s your responsibility to be a leader and create the world you want to see, you have to do it.” — Janelle Monáe
No longer can we live in complacency – it is our responsibility to change the world.
17. “It seems to me that the less I fight my fear, the less it fights back. If I can relax, fear relaxes, too.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
Relax into your fears. Don’t let them consume you.
18. “You can measure your worth by your dedication to your path, not by your successes or failures.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
Another quote by Liz Gilbert because it’s just too good. Our worth does not come from the accolades we have or don’t have. Our barometer of success is whether or not we are emotionally aligned with the life we are living.
19. “Don’t surrender all your joy for an idea you used to have about yourself that isn’t true anymore.” – Cheryl Strayed
Do not continue along through life in a way that only aims to please a past version of yourself. You are allowed to change. You are allowed to grow. And who you will become doesn’t have to match with who you once wanted to be.
20. “Are you the sort of person who gloats when they see a woman fall, or the kind that celebrates a magnificent recovery?” – J.K. Rowling
It costs us nothing to lift others up. Allow your 30s not to be a time of competition, but rather community. It speaks to your character.
Turning 30 doesn’t have to be scary. It doesn’t have to be exciting. It doesn’t really have to be anything at all. But there is this feeling of maturity and strength that comes with turning 30. Embrace it.