Have you ever wished you could get healthy, organic groceries delivered to your door at wholesale prices? If so, you might want to check out Thrive Market. In my honest Thrive Market review, I’m sharing my experience from being a member the past few years!
This post may contain affiliate links. GenThirty may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this resource.
I became a Thrive Market member a few years ago and haven’t looked back. Truly. There are so many things I love about it and absolutely cannot recommend it enough.
I was skeptical before ordering the first time. Is it really as great as people say? If you have dietary restrictions, want healthy snacks for kids, and/or love grocery delivery at amazing prices… then yes, it is so worth being a member!
We get many of our household products from them as well as groceries and kids snacks. Pretty much the only thing we buy at the actual grocery store these days are fresh foods.
Thrive Market is a membership-based online grocery marketplace that offers over 6,000 products from more than 500 trusted brands. And they offer huge savings on these products!
They have high standards for sustainability and responsibly sourced products – so much so that they are a Certified B Corp!
They aim to save you up to 30% on every order compared to retail prices when stacked against grocery store. They also promise fast, carbon-neutral shipping and a low price guarantee. I have always gotten my orders within 1-3 days of placing them!
Sounds too good to be true, right?
Well, in this honest review on my experience with Thrive Market, I’m going to share exactly how it all works.
I will tell you everything you need to know about Thrive Market: how it works, what it offers, what are the pros and cons, and how to decide if it is worth it for you. I’ll also compare Thrive Market to other grocery stores so you can get an idea of the savings to expect.
By the end of this review, you will be able to decide if Thrive Market is a good fit for your lifestyle, dietary needs, and budget.
So let’s dive right in, shall we?
Table of Contents:
Navigate this post easily with the jump links below.
- What Is Thrive Market?
- Video – Behind The Scenes Look
- Thrive Market Cost
- How To Shop on Thrive Market
- Benefits of Thrive Market
- Drawbacks of Thrive Market
- Thrive Market vs Other Retailers
- My Personal Experience With Thrive Market
- Thrive Market HOT Tips
- Products We Love – My Shopping List
- Final Thoughts on Thrive Market
- Discount – save 40% on your first order and get a free $60 gift!
What is Thrive Market?
Thrive Market is more than just an online grocery store. It is a mission-driven company that aims to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone.
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 by four entrepreneurs who wanted to create a platform that would connect health-conscious consumers with high-quality, organic, and sustainable products at wholesale prices.
They also wanted to make a positive impact on the world by supporting social and environmental causes.
Here’s a background look into the membership at Thrive Market:
Thrive Market Cost:
Today, Thrive Market works like a membership-based online grocery store.
You can opt to pay a $12 monthly fee or an annual fee of $59.95 (or $5/month) to access over 6,000 products from more than 500 trusted brands. I am an annual member.
Even if you use it once a month, it more than pays for itself. Just between these two purchases I made saved the amount of the annual fee:
We order from Thrive Market 1-2x per month on average so we’re actually able to save a good bit this way!
How To Shop On Thrive Market
You can shop by diet, lifestyle, or category, and filter your results by values like organic, gluten-free, vegan, fair trade, and more.
You can also schedule and save even more with Autoship (typically 30%), which lets you set up recurring deliveries of your favorite items.
Thrive Market offers free shipping on orders over $49. They also promise fast and carbon-neutral delivery.
They also have a low price guarantee, which means they will price match any lower price you find elsewhere, which is great if you do happen to find something at a lower price elsewhere!
This is called their Price Guarantee Program and you have 30 days to get a price match! You can do so via the chat function on their website. They give you the difference in Thrive Cash (aka Thrive Market credit).
Plus, for every paid membership, Thrive Market sponsors a free membership for a low-income family, student, teacher, veteran, or first responder through their Thrive Gives program.
They also donate a portion of their profits to various charities and initiatives that support food equality, regenerative agriculture, and climate action.
Benefits of Thrive Market
Here are some of the benefits you get to enjoy by being a Thrive Market member:
Convenience and ease of use:
You can shop from the comfort of your home, without having to deal with lines, crowds, or parking. Grocery delivery is even better than grocery pickup.
You can browse more than 6,000 products from over 500 brands, all carefully vetted by Thrive Market’s experts to meet their high standards for quality, sustainability, and affordability.
I add things to my cart via the app and then usually wait for them to run discounts. They send emails like this one fairly often where are lot of staple items are on sale:
I load my cart up and then place an order when bigger discounts are available. It’s an incredibly easy way to save extra money on organic products and organic food.
Wide variety of products available:
Thrive Market has something for everyone. You can find everything from pantry staples, snacks, and beverages to supplements, personal care, and cleaning products.
You can also discover new and exciting products from emerging brands that you might not find elsewhere.
You can sort by diet and food type which I find to be extremely helpful when shopping!
Not just food:
Thrive Market is not just a place to buy groceries. Oh, no no – there is so much more to it!
You can access hundreds of recipes, articles, videos, and podcasts on their blog and app that will help you learn more about healthy living, cooking tips, wellness trends, and more.
Great for so many dietary restrictions:
If you have any dietary preferences or restrictions, Thrive Market makes it easy for you to find products that suit your needs.
You can shop by diet feature, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, keto, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, and more.
This is one thing I really want to highlight in this Thrive Market review. No matter what your dietary restrictions are, Thrive Market has you covered:
You can sort by all of these diets and find the perfect foods that suit your needs!
We often have friends visit who are gluten-free and I love that I’m able to easily order their favorite snacks and foods for them from Thrive Market.
Thrive Market offers wholesale pricing on all their products, which means you can save up to 30% on every order compared to retail prices.
They also have a low price guarantee that allows you to get a price match if you find a cheaper product elsewhere. Plus, they offer free shipping on orders over $49 and free gifts and weekly sales for members.
Emphasis on healthy and sustainable products and brands:
Thrive Market is committed to providing products that are good for you and the planet. All their products are organic or non-GMO certified and free of harmful chemicals.
They also support brands that use sustainable business practices such as fair trade certification, regenerative agriculture, and cruelty-free production.
Thrive Market is not only a business but also a social enterprise that aims to make a positive impact on the world.
For every paid annual membership fee, they sponsor a free membership for a low-income family, student, teacher, veteran, or first responder through their Thrive Gives program.
At checkout, you can also opt to gift a portion of your savings on each order to “Send Healthy Groceries to Communities in NeedHelp fight for Food Equality Now. When you gift your savings, you’ll make a direct impact to support education and access to healthy food through our Thrive Gives program and nonprofits FoodCorps and FoodCycle LA.”
They also donate a portion of their profits to various charities. I like supporting companies who do good things in this world.
Free gift with every order:
They are always running promotions and give a free gift with every order! This can vary day to day and region by region. I usually wait to check out until there is a free thing I’d like!
This is actually how I discovered some of our favorite products like the Deebee’s popsicles and Poppi sodas!
Here is an idea what what you might be able to pick from:
Drawbacks of Thrive Market
That said, Thrive Market is not perfect. Here are some drawbacks that you should be aware of before you sign up:
Thrive Market charges an annual fee of $59.95 ($5/month), or $12 a month billed monthly to access their products and services.
This might seem like a lot upfront, especially if you are not sure how often you will use it and are on a budget.
However, if you shop regularly and take advantage of their discounts and deals, you can easily make back your membership fee in savings.
And if you don’t do so within a year, they will automatically refund the membership amount as a credit to your account!
Limited selection of fresh produce:
Thrive Market does not offer fresh fruits and vegetables, except for some frozen options. This means that you will still need to shop elsewhere for your fresh produce needs.
However, Thrive Market does offer a wide range of shelf-stable and frozen products that can complement your fresh produce purchases. You can also find organic and sustainable meat and seafood options that are delivered frozen to your door.
Thrive Market offers free shipping on orders over $49, which is not too hard to reach if you stock up on your essentials. However, if you order less than $49, you will have to pay a shipping fee of $5.95.
This might discourage you from placing smaller or more frequent orders, however, it is better for carbon neutral shipping.
You can also save more on shipping by using their Autoship feature, which lets you schedule recurring deliveries of your favorite items.
Frozen section shipping:
Frozen section orders only ship on Monday-Wednesday in order to ensure they are delivered cold. I always plan ahead so I’m not ordering anything I need immediately and it’s always worked out for me!
These ship super quickly and with dry ice. It’s not really a problem, just something to keep in mind!
Thrive Market vs Other Retailers and Grocery Stores – Thrive Market Review
You might be wondering how Thrive Market stacks up against other grocery stores. Apart from getting groceries delivered, how does Thrive compare:
- Thrive Market vs Aldi: Aldi has pretty decent prices but has limited organic options we don’t stop there that often for packaged foods.
- Thrive Market vs Target: Target actually has a pretty good selection of organic options. However, they are far more limited in organic snacks and staples. For example, I’ve seen them carrying the Lotus Foods Rice Ramen but only in single packs. We have ramen weekly so I buy the 4-pack from Thrive Market for $5.99. This savings helps us out.
- Thrive Market vs Walmart: Walmart carries virtually no versions of the organic brands and groceries we typically buy. Their selection is very limited. Walmart is also quite out of the way from where we live for groceries, so we almost never shop there.
- Thrive Market vs Whole Foods: I will be the first person to tell you that I love Whole Foods but I’ll also be the first person to tell you that it’s expensive! Almost everything is a better deal on Thrive Market.
- Thrive Market vs Giant: The Giant grocery store near us actually has a section dedicated to “healthier” pre-packaged foods that is similar to Thrive Market. However, they are far more expensive so we only ever stop there for those things if we are in a pinch! It’s the only place near us that I can find the Sour Giggles that my husband and toddlers love from Yum Earth but they cost more than getting them on Thrive Market.
- Thrive Market vs Weis: Weis is a grocery store near us that is similar to Food Lion and Giant. We are sometimes able to get organic produce here but it can be hit or miss. The pre-packaged options are also far more limited too.
- Thrive Market vs Kroger: Kroger actually has a good amount of organic things we love at really good prices. We don’t live nearby one (I wish we did!) but if you shop at Kroger often, I think it’s worth doing a price/product comparison with Thrive to see which will save you more.
- Thrive Market vs Trader Joes: Trader Joes offers a good amount of options but I personally like a lot from Thrive better. My trips to Trader Joes can be hit or miss but I do like that they don’t allow food dyes in any products they sell.
My Personal Experience with Thrive Market
I have been using Thrive Market for over a year now, and I have to say that I love it.
It has made my grocery shopping so much easier and cheaper, and I have discovered so many amazing products that I wouldn’t have found otherwise.
It’s also great that we can get most of our pantry staples and frozen items delivered from one company. I like buying my kids organic and less-processed snacks as much as possible (because let’s face it, little kids eat a lot!). And we have found so many kids snacks we love from Thrive Market.
I don’t think we could live without them now!
Here are some of my favorite things about Thrive Market:
- Grocery delivery is truly the best: I love being able to shop from home, without having to drive to the store, wait in line, or carry heavy bags! It saves time in my life. I just add things to my shopping list on the app and check out when we’re ready.
- The wide variety of products available: I can find all my favorite brands, like Primal Kitchen, Simple Mills, Acure, and Annie’s, as well as new and exciting ones that I haven’t seen elsewhere.
- I love their blog and podcast, where they share recipes, tips, trends, and stories about healthy living.
- Community: There is a thriving community of like-minded members who share their experiences and recommendations on social media. I feel like I’m part of a movement that cares about their health and the planet!
- Shop by diet: As someone with kids who likes to avoid added sugar, Thrive Market makes it easy for me to find products that suit my needs. They have a shop by diet feature that lets me filter products by low-sugar. They also have products that are allergen-friendly, gluten-free, low-carb, low-sodium, and more.
- Wholesale pricing: Thrive Market offers wholesale pricing on all their products, which means I save up to 30% on every order compared to retail prices. Plus, they offer free shipping on orders over $49 and free gifts. I have saved hundreds of dollars since I joined Thrive Market.
- I also love their philanthropic initiatives: By joining Thrive Market, I feel like I’m not only saving money on healthy products but also supporting a company that shares my values and vision for a better world.
My Thrive Market HOT Tips:
Here are a couple of tips I’ve learned from using Thrive Market all of these years!
- Download the app. This is the easiest way to add things to your grocery list as you need them. I can’t tell you how often I’ve forgotten I needed certain things before but now I just add them as I think of them.
- Shop from your “Buy It Again” section. We try so many things we love on Thrive Market that I always refer back to this section to make sure we added our favorites to the order.
- Save more with auto-ship. If you have certain items you get a lot (for us, Ramen, coffee, and CHOMPS, for example) set up and auto-ship order and save an extra 30% every month. These savings really add up!!
- Check out when there’s a free gift or discount. Thrive frequently runs sales (like 25% off pantry staples for example) so you get even more savings! I usually wait to check out until there’s an extra sale going on, which is usually at least once a week! I also usually check out when there’s a free gift I want to try!
- Price Match Guarantee: If something is not on sale, you have 30 days after purcahse to get a price match if you see it cheaper somewhere else! This is limited to $20 per order or 10 items per order but don’t sleep on this! You can get Thrive Market Cash (credit on the website) this way.
- Review Items for Credit: Thrive Market offers Thrive Cash if you leave a review of certain items. It’s totally worth it to do this!
Integrating Thrive Market into my meal planning has honestly been so essential. We prioritize eating organic and low-sugar food. I also like that I can accommodate dietary restrictions for my friends and gatherings SO easily by just shopping in one place.
Thrive Market Products I Love:
In this part of my Thrive Market review, I’m going to share the Thrive Market products we absolutely love! These are a lot of our staples that we get often to keep our pantry stocked.
On a recent order, I really stocked up because a bunch of things were on sale and saved over $100 on my order.
My pantry staples list from Thrive Market:
- Lotus Foods Ramen (the 4-pack)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Kettle and Fire Bone Broth
- Annie’s Mac and Cheese
- Simple Mills Crackers
- Thrive Market Olive Oil Spray
- Jovial Crushed Tomatoes (they come in glass!)
- Spices – I love the packets to refill my jars!
- Thrive Market Olive Oil
- Santa Cruz Peanut Butter (creamy for my kids, crunchy for me)
- Primal Kitchen Unsweetened Ketchup
- Thrive Market Wild Blueberry Spread (my toddlers love this)
- Siete Green Enchilada Sauce (the Siete brand is amazing for grain-free folks!)
- Thrive Market Tomato Sauce
- Thrive Market Taco Seasoning (a must-try!!)
- Redmond Salt
- Late July Chips
- CHOMPS Grass-fed Beef Sticks (the snack we have on hand 24/7 – my toddler loves these)
- Blake’s Seed Based Crispy Snacks
- Skout Organics Bars
- Natierra Organic Dried Strawberries
- Thrive Market Fruit Circles
- Mary Ruth’s Supplements (restocked on Zinc and D3+K2 recently)
- Beekeepers Naturals Propolis Spray and Cough Drops
- Mama Chia Pouches (these are the perfect snack for me on the go!)
- Wandering Bear Cold Brew (I love the vanilla)
- Primal Kitchen Sauces (we recently tried the Hawaiian BBQ style and are obsessed!)
- Nature’s Path Toaster Pastries
- FODY Salsa Verde
- Love Crunch Granola
- Patience Dried Wild Blueberries
- From The GroundUP Cauliflower Tortilla Chips, Nacho (taste like Doritos!)
- Cerebelly Smart Bars
- Alter Eco Chocolates (we love the mint truffles)
- Yum Earth Giggles and Sour Giggles
- Yum Earth Elderberry Lollipops
- UNREAL Candies (build your own bundle!)
- Simple Mills Cake and Brownie mixes
- Simple Mills Icing
- Equal Exchange Dark Hot Chocolate (my favorite hot chocolate ever!!!)
We also get all of our baking staples from there like King Arthur flour, organic sugar, almond flour, brown sugar alternatives because they are cheaper than locally and are all organic!
From the frozen section we love:
- Dave’s Killer Bread
- Kevin’s Natural Foods Cilantro Lime Chicken, Mongolian Beef, and Korean BBQ
- Feel Good Foods, Breakfast Pocket, Egg, Cheese, & Bacon
- Sweet Nothings Kids Smoothies
- Feel Good Foods (literally everything they sell is amazing, we especially love the Truffle Mac and Cheese Balls – I have turned so many people onto these!)
- Chicken Breasts
- Sugar Free Bacon
- RED’s Breakfast Burritos
- Alexia Waffle Fries
And finally, home products we buy often:
- Dishwasher Detergent Powder, Unscented (Cheaper and more loads than the pods! You get 75 loads for $5.99 vs 45 loads for $11.99.)
- Molly Suds Active Wear
- Rael Period Products
- Rosey by Thrive Market, 100% Recycled Paper Towels
- Repurpose paper plates, forks, cups, etc
These are just some of the products that I have tried and loved from Thrive Market. There are so many more that I want to explore and experiment with.
I have been very impressed with the quality, variety, and value!
My Final Thoughts on Thrive Market
I think Thrive Market is a great option for anyone who wants to shop healthier, cheaper, and greener.
It is especially convenient and helpful for people who have dietary preferences or restrictions, who live in areas where healthy options are limited or expensive, or who care about the impact of their purchases on the world.
It’s also one way my family tries to stay ahead of inflation.
In this review, I have shared my personal experience with Thrive Market, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of using it. I have also discussed some of my favorite products that I have purchased from Thrive Market, and how they compare to other retailers.
I would give Thrive Market a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
I think it is a wonderful service that delivers on its promises and values. I have been very satisfied with my orders and the customer service.
The only reason I don’t give it a perfect score is because I do wish you could get fresh produce!
We often shop locally for these things from nearby organic farms but it would be nice to see from Thrive Market as well, especially since we order from there so often.
So, is Thrive Market worth it? Absolutely.
It is worth every penny of the $5 monthly membership fee we pay and I plan to continue using it for a long, long time.
The best part is that you can also cancel your membership at any time if you are not happy with it. So why not try it out and see for yourself? I personally can’t imagine not being a member and think you’ll love it!