I don’t know about you, but I don’t always have a lot of time to get ready in the morning. Between managing my work, our toddler, and our household, I need my routines to be as quick and efficient as possible. This is my five minute makeup routine that helps keep my makeup on my face longer and stays fresh throughout the day.
Here is a quick rundown of my 10 minute makeup routine. I’ll also link my favorite products for you if you want to shop them! Below, you’ll find my tips for quick makeup and keeping your makeup routine seamless.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, you can view my disclaimer here. Thank you for supporting GenThirty!
My 10 Minute Makeup Routine:
- Put on SPF – never skip this step!
- Start with your eyes if you are using a separate eyeshadow palette. If not, start with your base makeup. Skip to step 5!
- If using eyeshadow, prime your eyes with concealer or another eyeshadow primer. If using a shimmer eyeshadow, use a glitter primer to help it last longer on your eyes.
- For eyeshadow, set you lid with a skin-tone color. Blend a mid-tone shade into your crease. Apply glitter primer and your lid shimmer with a flat brush. Put a deeper matte shadow into the outer V of your eye for definition.
- Prime your skin – you can skip this step if you want. A hydrating primer will help keep your skin from drying out. Where a pore-filling primer will help create a smooth base. A sticky/gripping primer will help keep your foundation on your skin longer.
- Go in with a stick foundation and buff it out with a brush.
- Use concealer wherever you want more coverage – under your eyes or on blemishes.
- Go over everything with a sponge quickly to help everything mesh together.
- Set any areas of your face with powder that you want to make last longer. I set under my eyes and along my jawline.
- Go in with bronzer and blush. Bronze going from the top of your cheekbones towards the apples of your cheeks. Apply blush from the apple of your cheeks towards the top of your cheek bone.
- Spritz your face lightly with setting spray.
- Apply highlight to your cheekbones, forehead, and bridge of the nose for a glow. Use a buffing motion with the brush to blend as you go.
- Use a spooly brush to brush your brows up and then shape them down. Fill in with your favorite brow product if you want!
- Apply your lip product and finish up with mascara!
Tips For Quick Makeup:
1. Use Dual Purpose Products When You Can
The more products you can use for multiple purposes the more time you’ll save because you’re reaching for less stuff overall! Some examples include using foundation as concealer, using a face palette instead of separate products, and using the same face palette for eye shadow.
2. Focus on 3 Things You Want To Get Done and Build Your Routine From There
My top 3 things are: sunscreen, an even base, and something on my eyes.
Like I said in my video, I like having some eyeshadow on because it brings definition to my face. I’m pretty happy with my brows overall so on quick makeup days I don’t need to more than brush them out. This means I’ll put more time into my eyeshadow than my brows.
Your top 3 things might be brows, lipstick, and concealer. Or they might be something else entirely! Your quick makeup routine isn’t about being perfect, it’s about enhancing what makes you feel more confident.
3. Have Easy Access To Your Products
I like to keep my get-ready-quick products separate because then I know exactly where they are and I don’t have to waste time searching for them when I’m in a hurry. Keep them in a separate makeup bag or in a special spot in a drawer. It makes the whole process much faster, I promise!
Do you have a quick makeup routine? I’d love to know what products you love and use and your best tips!