Looking for the best singles bar NYC over for the over 30 crowd? Here are 15 options to check out.
So you’re over 30 and still single? Don’t worry, you’re not alone! In fact, there’s a whole crowd of us out there! We’re the ones who are too old for college bars but too young for senior centers.
We still want to have fun and meet new people, but we don’t want to deal with the craziness of the twenty-somethings and other young people. So what are our options?
Well, that’s exactly why we’ve put together this list of the 15 best singles bars in NYC for the over-30 crowd. We’ve done all the research so you won’t have to find single men and single women in one cool place.
Whether you’re looking for a quiet place to have a drink and chat or a lively spot to dance the night away, you’ll find it all here.
How to choose the best singles bar for over 30s in NYC
Here are some of the most important factors to look for when making your selection:
You want to make sure that the bar caters to people over 30. There’s nothing worse than going to a bar and feeling like you’re the oldest person there!
You can do a reconnaissance with your friends before you go just to make sure that the bar has an appropriate age group for you.
The atmosphere of the bar is also important. You want to find a place that’s not too loud or too quiet, and that has a good mix of people.
You also want to make sure that the bar has a friendly vibe where the people there are open to meeting new people.
A good atmosphere can make all the difference when it comes to having a good time! Are you looking for a dive bar or a cocktail bar?
Make sure the place you pick has the vibe you want! You’ll also want to see if there’s a dress code before you go.
Location is key! You want to find a bar that’s conveniently located for you. You don’t want to have to travel too far or deal with a long commute home after a night out.
Make sure that the bar is also in a safe area and that there’s plenty of parking available.
Find a bar that has a variety of drinks to choose from. Make sure it has a good choice of beer, wine, and cocktails.
The drinks should also be reasonably priced and have plenty of options available.
Having food options available at the bar is always a plus! Whether it’s appetizers or a full menu, having something to snack on while you’re drinking is always a good thing.
The food should also be of good quality and reasonably priced.
The music at the bar can make or break your night! Find a place that plays music you enjoy. It should not be too loud or too quiet.
And if you love to dance, make sure there is plenty of room to dance. Live music is always a plus too.
Some bars offer this exclusively on saturday night so be sure to keep up with a bar’s Instagram page. And check if they have a dance floor if that’s something you’re interested in!
Price is always a consideration when it comes to going out. You want to find a bar that’s reasonably priced so that your night out won’t break the bank.
Make sure that there are plenty of drink specials available and that you’re not spending too much money on cover charges. You can always go for happy hour to check a new place out, too.
Happy hour is a great time to check out the bar menu and the atmosphere without spending a ton of money. And it gives you a good reason to get out of the house! And bonus points if there is no cover charge.
It might take a few tries to find the perfect place but you’ll find a few “best places” along the way!
Our list of the 15 best singles bars in NYC for the over-30 crowd:
Madame X is located in Greenwich Village. It has a great atmosphere with dim lighting and red velvet curtains. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy a drink with friends.
The drinks are crafted with care and the bartenders are friendly and knowledgeable. They have a great selection of good cocktails and the music is always on point.
- Address: 94 W Houston St, New York, NY 10012
- Phone number: (212) 539-0808
- Website: madamex.com
Horses and Divorces
Horses and Divorces is a popular bar in Williamsburg. It has a great selection of drinks and is an amazing place to meet new people and socialize. The bartenders are also very nice.
Prices are reasonable for the area. You’ll also love that they have a great selection of beers on tap and the decor is unique and interesting.
- Address: 97 S 6th St, Brooklyn, NY 11249
- Phone number: (718) 388-3884
- Website: horsesanddivorces.com
The Cabin NYC
This bar is located in East Village. It has a cozy atmosphere with a fireplace and comfortable seating. The Cabin NYC is a great place to relax and enjoy a drink with friends.
You’ll love how the drinks are crafted with care. They have a great selection of whiskey and bourbon, which pairs well with their cozy atmosphere.
- Address: 205 E 4th St, New York, NY 10009
- Phone number: (212) 777-8454
- Website: thecabinnyc.com
The Up & Up
The Up & Up is located in Greenwich Village. It has a great atmosphere with dim lighting and comfortable seating. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy a drink with friends.
The bartenders are friendly and knowledgeable serving drinks at an affordable price. They also have a great selection of cocktails and the music is always on point.
- Address: 116 Macdougal St, New York, NY 10012
- Phone number: (212) 260-3000
- Website: theupandupnyc.com
The Skylark is located in Midtown West. Here you’ll get a great view of the city skyline. It’s a classy bar where drinks are crafted with care, specializing in a great selection of cocktails.
If you love bars that have modern and chic decor, this is where you need to be!
- Address: 200 W 39th St, New York, NY 10018
- Phone number: (212) 257-4577
- Website: theskylarknyc.com
This bar is located in the Lower East Side. You will love its speakeasy vibe with no menu. The bartenders will craft any drink based on your preferences. It’s a great place to go for a relaxed evening with a date.
- Address: 134 Eldridge St, New York, NY 10002
- Phone number: (646) 580-5767
- Website: attaboy.us
The Dead Rabbit
The Dead Rabbit is located in the Financial District. It has a stunning atmosphere with dim lighting and comfortable seats.
They have a great selection of whiskey and bourbon, which pairs well with their cozy atmosphere. If you have been looking for a go-to bar after a long workday, this is it.
- Address: 30 Water St, New York, NY 10004
- Phone number: (646) 422-7906
- Website: deadrabbitnyc.com
The Raines Law Room
This bar is located in Chelsea. It has a speakeasy vibe with a minimal menu, which means all you have to do is ask the bartenders to craft your favorite drink.
The Raines Law Room has reasonable prices for the area. You’ll love the friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Address: 48 W 17th St, New York, NY 10011
- Phone number: (646) 922-8816
- Website: raineslawroom.com
The NoMad Bar
This bar is located in Broadway and has a great atmosphere with a luxurious vibe and elegant decor.
It is a great place for singles in their 30s that is famous for its relaxed atmosphere and its amazing cocktails. Prices are reasonable for the area.
- Address: 1170 Broadway, New York, NY 10001
- Phone number: (347) 472-5660
- Website: thenomadhotel.com
Death & Co
Death & Co is located in East Village. It has an intimate, dark atmosphere that is perfect for singles in their 30s.
You will love the dim lighting and the amazing cocktails. It is a great place to relax, meet new people, and enjoy a few drinks.
They are famous for their cocktails, having one of the largest selections of cocktails. So if you are a cocktail lover, this is the place to head to.
- Address: 433 E 6th St, New York, NY 10009
- Phone number: (212) 388-0882
- Website: deathandcompany.com
This bar is located in Midtown Manhattan. It has a gin-focused cocktail menu with seasonal American fare.
It’s a great place to socialize, dine and imbibe in an upbeat and welcoming space inspired by Manhattan’s Golden Age.
- Address: 45 W 45th St, New York, NY 10036
- Phone number: (212) 302-4545
- Website: opentable.com
You will love this bar located in Brooklyn.
Franklin Park is a favorite neighborhood hangout with affordable beers, juicy burgers, welcoming vibes, and communal tables in the outdoor garden.
Perfect for when you want to spend some time outside on your date!
- Address: 618 Saint Johns Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11238
- Phone number: (718) 230-0293
- Website: franklinparkbrooklyn.com
The Summit Bar
The Summit Bar is located in East Village. It has a relaxed atmosphere that makes it a great choice for singles of all ages. However, its claim to fame is its reasonably-priced cocktails.
Everyone who works there is also super nice, which adds to the charm. They also have free popcorn, which is great!
- Address: 133 Avenue C, New York, NY 10009
- Phone number: (917) 261-5279
- Website: the-summit-bar.square.site
Rosie O’Grady’s is located in Midtown Manhattan and is a Broadway Theatre District fixture. They offer full lunch and dinner menus featuring dishes for all tastes.
You can enjoy the finest quality Prime USDA steaks and fresh seafood cooked to your liking, as well as hearty pastas, or light crispy salads. A great choice if you are looking for a bar that also serves great food.
- Address: 800 7th Ave, New York, NY 10019
- Phone number: (212) 582-2975
- Website: rosieogradys.com
310 Bowery Bar
This spacious spot can fill up fast, particularly on the weekend, so snagging a table often means arriving on the early side. It’s a really popular spot to meet people.
Patrons without a seat can mingle by the rustic-chic bar that stretches along one wall. Head here to order wine, cocktails, and beer, including suds from local brewers like Long Island-based Montauk Brewing Co.
- Address: 310 Bowery, New York, NY 10012
- Phone number: (917) 409-3036
- Website: 310bowery.nyc
Final Thoughts: Best Singles Bar in NYC Over 30
New York City is a great place to be single and over 30. It is home to some of the best bars for singles over 30 in the country. If you check any of these out, you’re sure to find some cool bars and a great spot to take friends or a date.
With so many bars to choose from, you can be sure that no matter what you are into, there is a bar for you. You can also check out hotel bars – you’re sure to meet out of town travelers there.
So whether you are looking for a place to unwind after work or a spot to meet new people, you can count on the bars on this list to impress. So grab your friends and head out for a few drinks today!
This post was contributed to GenThirty anonymously.
Posts About Life In Your 30s
- Best 225+ Turning 30 Phrases, Wishes, Messages for a 30th Birthday
- 10 Things To Look Forward To In Your 30s
- 10 Best Blogs To Read In Your 30s
- 30 Books to Read In Your 30s
- 50 Inspiring Quotes For Your 30s
- The Ultimate Bucket List For Your 30s
- Turning 30 Poems: 30 Poems For 30th Birthday Wishes
- Turning 30 Humor and Turning 30 Jokes That Will Make You Laugh
- Cheers to 30 Years: How I’m Approaching My Thirties
- How To Deal With Overbearing Parents at 30
- 30th Birthday Party Themes: 36 Ideas To Celebrate in Style
- Gifts For Women In Their 30s
- How To Get My Life Together At 30
- How To Reinvent Yourself At 30
- 50 Movies Every Woman Should Watch In Her 30s
- 200+ Smile Quotes for Instagram to Inspire You
- 30 Great Gifts For Someone Turning 30
- How To Dress In Your 30s: 21 Must-Have Style Pieces
- Being In Your 30s: Everything You Need To Know
- 40 Hairstyles For Women In Their 30s
- Being Broke at 30: What To Do About It
- Starting Over In Your 30s: Where To Go From Here
- 10 Reasons I Was Absolutely Terrified to Turn 30
Health and Skincare In Your 30s
- 9 Best Concealers For Mature Skin 2023
- 7 Non Toxic Hair Dye For Grey Hair Options
- How To Look Young at 30
- Best Blush For Aging Skin
- 30 Best Foundations for Women in Their 30s
- 20 Best Night Creams For Your 30s
- Botox at 30
- Signs of Aging at 30: What You Really Need To Know
- 15 Best Eye Cream For Your 30s
- Hot Flashes at 30: What You Need To Know
- Acne at 30 Years Old: Causes and Treatments of Adult Acne
- Wrinkles Under Eyes At 30 (Causes and Prevention)
- Getting Tonsils Removed at 30? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Female Body Changes at 30: 10 Things You Need To Know
- The Top 10 Best Olay Products For Your 30s (2023)
- Braces at 30: Everything You Need To Know
- Building Muscle In Your 30s: How To Build Strength