These hilarious and relatable quotes about adulting will inspire you and make you feel seen as an adult trying to navigate this stressful world.
Let’s be honest – adulting isn’t as fun as we probably thought it was going to be when we were kids. But here we are, in our 30s, trying to do this whole adulting thing.
The good news is that we’re in this together.. meaning no one really knows what they’re doing, either. We’re all winging it, praying for the best, and finding solitude in knowing others out there are also not great at this adulting thing.
These quotes will get you laughing about adulting… and relating to how real the struggle can be.
35 Hilarious Quotes About Adulting
“Yeah, I got responsibilities now. That means I’m not allowed to have fun anymore for the rest of my life.” – Angelica Pickles, “Rugrats”
’90s kids, she was just trying to warn us all, wasn’t she…
“It’s all about baby steps and trying to figure out how to slowly, elegantly become an adult.” — Selena Gomez
“My favorite childhood memory is not paying bills.”
What a glorious time that was, wasn’t it?
“Thirty was so strange for me. I’ve really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult.” –C.S. Lewis
It really does hit you when you turn the big 3-0, doesn’t it?
“So it turns out that being an adult is most googling how to do stuff.”
We all Google!! Or watch YouTube/TikTok videos to learn how to do things…
“We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” — Leslie Knope, “Parks and Recreation”
“Drink some coffee and pretend you know what you’re doing.”
We’re all just pretending. And we’re all just grateful for coffee (or another adult beverage).
“I ordered a decaf coffee the other night, and I was like, ‘Holy cr*p, I’m an adult.’” –Blackbear
“With enough coffee I can dress myself and use my grownup manners.”
“I don’t think I’d have been in such a hurry to reach adulthood if I’d known the whole thing was going to be ad-libbed.” –Bill Watterson
Seriously, we’re all just winging it and hoping for the best.
“I don’t run from my problems. I sit on my couch, play on my phone and ignore them like all other adults.”
“The worst thing about being an adult is the fact that we can do basically whatever we want.” ― Chelsea Fagan
There’s way too many options and decisions that need to be made.
“I think it just helps to be very aware that fundamentally, there are no adults.” — Naval Ravikant
“I’m done adulting. Let’s be mermaids.”
“So, I’m 34. I’m kind of becoming an adult – kind of, I guess. But I know that I am because, the other day, I said to somebody, ‘Dude, dude, don’t – those are the good plates.” – Greg Behrendt
Or the good towels. Or the good napkins. Or the good glasses. The list goes on and on…
“That horrifying moment when you’re looking for an adult, but you realize you are an adult. So you look around for an older adult. An adultier adult. Someone better at adulting than you.”
Totally guilty of doing this. Are you?
“Sometimes I think that the one thing I love most about being an adult is the right to buy candy whenever and wherever I want.” — Ryan Gosling
It is one of the perks, isn’t it? Or just have dessert for dinner (oops!).
“Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane.”
“I wish it was socially acceptable to throw water balloons at people who annoy me. Like, I don’t want to hurt you, but I do want to ruin your day.”
“The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in the morning feeling just plain terrible.” — Jean Kerr
“I officially resign from adulthood. Decisions will be made using the eenie-meenie-minie-moe method and arguments will be settled by sticking out my tongue. I’ll be at recess if you need me.”
“I may be an adult but I’m really more of an adult cat. Someone probably should take care of me but I can sorta make it on my own.”
“Apparently, this was adulting: doing the right thing and still not getting what you wanted.” ― Karelia Stetz-Waters
This is the epitome of being an adult, isn’t it?
“I have been putting a lot of thought into it and I just don’t think being an adult is gonna work for me.”
“Fettucini alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults.” — Mitch Hedberg
Another beauty of being an adult is that you can make either one for dinner.
“Being an adult is mostly just going to bed when you don’t want to and also waking up when you don’t want to.”
“Shout out to everyone who got through the day without taking a nap. Pulled an all-dayer today. Pretty rough.”
“Adulting is too hard. Let’s play something else.” ― Tanya Masse
“I just wanna crochet and ignore all my adult problems.”
“It’s been very funny to try to act like an adult. Even getting dressed. Every day, I’m like, ‘Should I wear a blazer and walk around with an umbrella? Do I carry a briefcase?’ Because I’m trying to be some image of the adults I saw on TV growing up.” — John Mulaney
“I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult … If anyone needs me, I will be in my blanket fort … coloring”
“Coffee because adulting is hard.”
“I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down … in my shoe, my sock is falling off.”
The struggle is so real. How does this always happen? All of us are just pretending through the uncomfortableness.
“Adults are always asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because they are looking for ideas.” — Paula Poundstone
“Adulthood is like the vet, and we’re all the dogs that were excited for the car ride until we realized where we’re going.”
We really were all excited to grow up. I wish we had known better….
What’s your favorite adulting quote?
I love a good quote when I’m feeling down, need to feel inspired, or need to remind myself that everything will be okay. These are 35 quotes about adulting that have done just that for me. What’s your favorite? I’d love to hear it in the comments!
Posts About Life In Your 30s
- Best 225+ Turning 30 Phrases, Wishes, Messages for a 30th Birthday
- 10 Things To Look Forward To In Your 30s
- 10 Best Blogs To Read In Your 30s
- 30 Books to Read In Your 30s
- 50 Inspiring Quotes For Your 30s
- The Ultimate Bucket List For Your 30s
- Turning 30 Poems: 30 Poems For 30th Birthday Wishes
- Turning 30 Humor and Turning 30 Jokes That Will Make You Laugh
- Cheers to 30 Years: How I’m Approaching My Thirties
- How To Deal With Overbearing Parents at 30
- 30th Birthday Party Themes: 36 Ideas To Celebrate in Style
- Gifts For Women In Their 30s
- How To Get My Life Together At 30
- How To Reinvent Yourself At 30
- 50 Movies Every Woman Should Watch In Her 30s
- 200+ Smile Quotes for Instagram to Inspire You
- 30 Great Gifts For Someone Turning 30
- How To Dress In Your 30s: 21 Must-Have Style Pieces
- Being In Your 30s: Everything You Need To Know
- 40 Hairstyles For Women In Their 30s
- Being Broke at 30: What To Do About It
- Starting Over In Your 30s: Where To Go From Here
- 10 Reasons I Was Absolutely Terrified to Turn 30
Health and Skincare In Your 30s
- 9 Best Concealers For Mature Skin 2023
- 7 Non Toxic Hair Dye For Grey Hair Options
- How To Look Young at 30
- Best Blush For Aging Skin
- 30 Best Foundations for Women in Their 30s
- 20 Best Night Creams For Your 30s
- Botox at 30
- Signs of Aging at 30: What You Really Need To Know
- 15 Best Eye Cream For Your 30s
- Hot Flashes at 30: What You Need To Know
- Acne at 30 Years Old: Causes and Treatments of Adult Acne
- Wrinkles Under Eyes At 30 (Causes and Prevention)
- Getting Tonsils Removed at 30? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Female Body Changes at 30: 10 Things You Need To Know
- The Top 10 Best Olay Products For Your 30s (2023)
- Braces at 30: Everything You Need To Know
- Building Muscle In Your 30s: How To Build Strength