If you’re looking for the best outdoor baby swing, you’ve come to the right place! Here are the best 8 picks on the market today.
When looking for an outdoor swing for your baby you probably have one thing on your mind: fun! I know I did when first picking out a swing.
But as I browsed the options, I quickly became overwhelmed with the features, weight limit, types of swings, materials, and more.
In this guide, I’m going to share with you the top picks for the best outdoor baby swing based on these important factors.
Why pick an outdoor baby swing?
If you’re wondering why to go with a baby swing over a traditional swing, the main reason is because it can take kids quite a few years to develop the trunk control to hold themselves safely on a swing.
However, babies of all ages can still enjoy a playground, the movement of the swing, and the great outdoors if you have an appropriate swing for them.
What To Consider In an Outdoor Baby Swing:
There are some things you’ll want to keep in mind when it comes to the swing you pick for your family’s needs:
- Stand-alone or for a swing set? Different swings have different types of attachments and you’ll need to keep in mind what your circumstances are.
- Weight limit: Consider what is the upper and lower bound for the weight. A higher weight limit also gives it more longevity as your child grows.
- Age limits: Along with a weight limit, most swings have a suggest age minimum as well (typically either 6 months or 9 months).
- Safety features: Does the swing have shoulder straps? A five-point harness? A three-point harness? Are there loose or uncoated chains that are a potential pinching hazard? Are there steel chains? This is the most important thing.
- Width of the swing seat: You want your baby to be snug in the swing seat but not uncomfortable for enjoyable swinging.
- Materials: Not all materials are created equally. And some swings that are described for outdoor use actually suggest not leaving them outside when they are not use. It is noble to avoid plastic and look for high-quality materials but not always practical.
- Adjustable chains/ropes: You might also want to keep in mind if the ropes or chains are adjustable if you have a non-standard size space you are hanging your swing in.
- Longevity: will you child be able to use this for a long time and will it hold up over the years?
These are all important things to consider when it comes to picking the best baby swing for your needs.
This post may contain affiliate links. GenThirty may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this resource.
8 Best Outdoor Baby Swing Picks 2023
Little Tikes Snug ‘n Secure – TOP PICK
The Little Tikes Snug ‘n Secure swing is one of the most recommended swings on the market. It is made for both indoor and outdoor use.
This is the swing we personally use and we love it! Both my kids still fit in it (with my oldest just a few months shy of being four).
For safety, it has a hinged T-bar and adjustable shoulder straps for when your baby is younger. As they grow into a toddler, the shoulder straps and T-bar can be removed giving this swing more longevity.
The weight limit on this swing is 50lbs and the ropes are adjustable.
It comes in two colors (pink and blue). It’s made out of plastic and is made with weather-resistant rope meaning you can leave it outside. Additionally the ropes are not as much of a pinching concerns for tiny fingers as a chain might be.
This swing is reasonably priced at under $30. It is also very lightweight making installing it simple.
We have this swing and my kids have been able to use it from around 9 months old and my oldest song still sits in it at almost four. It has served our family well and I think it’s priced extremely reasonably.
It’s a high quality popular choice that is a great swing for young kids.
- ropes not chains
- secure t-bar with shoulder straps that are removable
- adjustable ropes
- adjustable seat belt for safety and comfort
- 2 different colors available
- 50lb weight limit
Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Seat – Runner Up
This seat from Step2 is similar in look and function to the Little Tikes seat. It has a slightly wider security bar and is priced slightly higher as well.
It comes in a more neutral toned blue and has a maximum weight recommendation of 50lbs. It’s best for young kids.
This swing comes with weather resistant ropes and is made of plastic for easy cleaning and storage. It has an average of 4.8 stars and over 5,200 ratings.
- secure t-bar strap
- 1 color available
- slightly more expensive than Little Tikes
Swurfer Coconut Swing – MOST COMFORTABLE
From a Charleston, SC based company and with more awards than any other swing, this particular swing has a unique design that makes it extra comfortable for littles to sit in.
It has braided rope straps and a fabric 3-point harness for comfort and safety. The max weight is 50lbs and it can be used indoors or outdoors.
It comes in 5 colors and costs approximately $60. The ropes are not adjustable. This swing has over 400 5-star ratings and the reviews report this swing being very comfortable for children!
It’s awards note it to be one of the best toddler swings available.
- 5 colors available
- comfortable for children
- chic design
- braided ropes, not chains
- 3-point harness
- made of natural materials
- more expensive
- not adjustable ropes
- 50 lb weight limit
- not an infant swing
Canvas Baby Swing Hammock by Cateam – MOST VERSATILE
This canvas swing, available in 8 colors, is unique because it is designed as a hammock swing for newborn babies all the way up to age 110lbs. It works for younger children and older chidlren which not all swing do.
Coming with a 5-point harness, it is made with both safety and comfort at the forefront.
It has a heavy-duty ceiling hook, a chain, 4 screws for wood, 4 bolts for concrete, and 2 carabiners. The ropes on this one are adjustable so you can hang it in nearly any area whether outside or in.
It is made of fade-resistant canvas and is machine washable. It is not weatherproof so they suggest storing it in a dry place away from moisture and rain. The weight limit is 110lbs, over 2x what the majority of other swings on this list are.
The cushion is not detachable but the cover can be washed in the washing machine.
- 8 colors available
- 5 point harness
- comes with hardware to hang almost anywhere
- machine washable cover
- 110lb weight limit
- made with ropes not chains
- not weatherproof
Squirrel Products High Back Bucket Swing – AFFORDABLE CLASSIC BUCKET SWING
This swing is your classic playground bucket swing but don’t let that deter you! It’s a nice, simple design that that has a max weight of 150 lbs.
It comes in four different bright and bold colors to match any style. It attaches easily to your existing swing set. Additional hanging hardware can be purchased separately.
The bottom half of the chains are coated in plastic to avoid pinching little fingers. The top of the chain is zinc-coated for weatherproofing.
Though it is similar to what you see at public parks, this swing is intended only for home use, it is not approved for daycare or public use cases. It’s rated 4.8 stars on Amazon based on almost 1,700 reviews.
- 150lb weight limit
- 4 color options
- Plastic-coated chains
- Adjustable chain
- Bold colors only
- Bucket seat could become too small as your child grows
Seleware Heavy-Duty Full Back Bucket Swing – MOST LONGEVITY
This heavy duty swing is made from EVA plastic and can fit babies from 18 months to kids at age 4. It is rated for 600lbs of weight.
It is made with polyester ropes which will not burn your child’s hand in hot weather and will not pinch their fingers like a chain might.
It is weatherproofed and adjustable for wherever you need to hang it. You can hang it from a swing set, a porch or even a tree branch. As a tree swing you don’t need a frame to put it on but a sturdy branch that will support the weight of your child.
- Can hold 600lbs of weight
- reasonably priced
- only comes in one color
- not the most attractive swing on the market
The Classy Swing
This swing is made of cushion and canvas. It is said to be UV-resistant which gives is a longer lifespan than traditional fabric.
I wanted to include this swing because it’s a more attractive option, however, it seems as though by the reviews, it has very specific use cases.
It can be used both indoors and outdoors. The hardware system allows you to be able to hang it almost anywhere.
Age limits are from 6 months to 3 years old. If you don’t plan to use your swing all that often but want something nice looking that your child will enjoy, this could be a good pick for you.
- It has a nice look/design that is classier than your traditional bucket seat
- lightweight – only weighs 5.27lbs
- added rings and balls for entertainment while in the swing
- the chemicals used to make the fabric UV resistant are undisclosed
- more expensive than other seats on this list
- cushion secured by velcro
- not meant to be left outside for long periods
- not intended for use in humid environments
- poor assembly instructions
- ropes are not adjustable
Stand-Alone Folding Toddler Swing by HLC
This compact folding swing is designed for babies from 9 to 36 months. It has a max weight limit of 55lbs.
It has a adjustable ropes and it’s own frame making set up and customization easy.
This is a perfect pick if you have limited space for a swing set or outdoor space. It can be used indoors and outdoors.
It’s also reasonably priced for a stand alone swing, coming in at under $80 at time of writing with an additional coupon available.
It is made from metal, plastic, and nylon to keep it safe and comfortable for your child.
You’ll want to double-check the measurements before ordering to make sure it fits your space. While it’s great for easy storage and young children, this would not be my pick for older kids.
- small-ish footprint
- a stand-alone swing means no need for a full swing set or additional place to hang a swing
- easy to move around
- rated 4.3 stars on Amazon
- not the highest weight limit
- can only be used up to age 3
- only 1 color available
In Summary: Best Outdoor Baby Swing
Overall my top pick for the best swing is the little tikes swing. It is rated an average of 4.8 stars and has over 31,000 reviews on Amazon. It is also the swing we personally opted for in my home. It is easy to adjust, easy to install, and feels very safe for both of my children.
- 19 Best Minimalist Shoes For Kids and Toddlers [and Barefoot Shoes]
- Best Baby Shoes For Fat Feet (and Wide Feet) 2023
- 12 Best Split Screen Baby Monitors 
- Non-Toxic Baby Pool Options For Kids 
- 20 Best Rocking Chairs and Gliders For a Small Nursery 
- The 20 Best Blackout Curtains For Your Nursery 
- 45+ Affordable Organic Baby Clothing Brands
- Best Baby Carrier For Disney World (Top 7 – 2023)
- 15 Best Baby Carriers For Nursing 
- 10 Best Nursery Chairs For Small Spaces 
- Top 8 Best Non Toxic Baby Swing Options 
- Best Baby Carriers For Plus Size Parents 
- Best Baby Swing for Reflux – 7 Picks 
- 25 Eco Friendly Baby Clothes Brands For Your Baby
- Best Diono Car Seat – 7 Car Seats Compared
- 8 Non-Toxic Couches For a Healthy Living Room
- 6 Best Organic Cotton Crib Sheets 
- 10 Best Baby Shampoo For Curly Hair 
- The 20 Best Blackout Curtains For Your Nursery 
- 10 Best Baby Activity Table Picks (2023)
- 10 Best Cheap Baby Monitor Options 2023
- Best Travel Baby Monitor Picks 
- 9 Best Baby Carriers For Travel
- 8 Best Fans For a Nursery and Baby’s Room 
- 9 Best Bassinet For Breastfeeding – 2023 Picks
- The Best Bassinet For Small Spaces – Top 10 
- 10 Best Baby Shoes For Early Walkers 
- 10 Best Organic Baby Pajamas – Mom Approved
- Non Toxic Sand For Sandbox: 3 Picks
- 20 Best Baby Toys For Airplane Travel
- 11 Best Natural Baby Laundry Detergent Picks
- 20 Best Toddler Toys For Road Trips
- 8 Best Non Toxic Crib Mattress Picks
- Best Organic Nursing Pillow (5 Top Picks)
- 8 Minimalist Winter Shoes For Toddlers (2023)
- 12 Best Stainless Steel Sippy Cup Options For Every Budget
- 8 Best Non Toxic Crib Mattress Picks
- The Best Kids Shoes For Disney 
- 6 Best Organic Toddler Pillow Options 
- 7 Best Baby Travel Bed Options – Ranked By A Traveling Mom
- The 10 Best Toddler Sleep Sacks (2023)