Looking for the best best stainless steel sippy cup for your toddler? Here are the best options for every budget.
Stainless steel sippy cups are one of the best options for cups for toddlers. They are durable, cost effective, and safe for your toddler. My personal favorites as a mom are the YETI for travel and school and Elk and Friends for at home.
All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
This post may contain affiliate links.
9 of the Best Stainless Steel Sippy Cups For Toddlers
1. YETI Rambler Jr. – $25
The entire cup is made of BPA-Free 18/8 Stainless Steel and is extremely resistant to dents and dings when dropped. Plus, it’s leak-proof, as well as shatter-resistant, and dishwasher-safe which means that your kids can have cold water ready all day long!
It’s available in a wide range of colors and each option holds 12 ounces of liquid. You can also have it custom engraved on the YETI website!
2. Simple Modern Stainless Steel – $17.99
The Simple Modern Kids Insulated Water Bottle with Straw Lid is one of the best stainless steel sippy cup options for kids aged 2 and up. This is mostly because it doesn’t have easy grip handles which may give small kids a hard time.
Aside from keeping beverages at ideal temperatures for hours, it’s also leakproof which means no-spills even when handled roughly! Also, The BPA-free plastic sippy cup lid comes with a built-in straw design.
3. Chill Out Life Stainless Steel Cups – $15.99
It features a BPA-free smooth cup “lip” and the cups are electropolished on the inside with a brushed finish on the outside to remain rust-free.
On top of that, it’s dishwasher-safe and extremely easy to clean. And if your little one isn’t yet ready to drink from an open cup, you can also add silicone lids to turn them into sippy cups!
4. Pura Kiki – $21.99
Pura Kiki‘s 11oz, shatterproof stainless steel sippy cup MADE SAFE certified, which means that this product doesn’t contain any known toxic chemicals or heavy metals.
Aside from the easy-to-grip sleeve that protects the cup, it also features a silicone XL Sipper Spout with a Valved tip that prevents spills. It is specifically designed for a fast flow rate that’s known for supporting tooth/gum development.
Also, this option can easily convert into an infant bottle, straw bottle, or sports/water bottle by swapping the sippy spout with another Pura Kiki lid.
Last but not least, it comes with a lifetime warranty on all stainless components. The only con is that this particular dishwasher-safe cup cannot be used for hot liquids.
5. SunZio Stainless Steel Sippy Cup – $33.97
Featuring Silicone stretch lids that mimic a mother’s nipple, SUNZIO’s stainless steel sippy cups are also Spill proof, leak-proof, AND breakproof.
Because it has no nooks or crannies where bacteria can build up, these dishwasher-safe bottles are a great option for kids at any age. The vibrant colors and engaging elephant-shaped lids also work as fun, adorable distractions — and kids love them! That’s not all.
These cups are designed to Grow with Your Toddler which means that you can easily remove the 100% food-grade silicone lids and turn them into open cups for their next drinking transition.
6. Thinkbaby Stainless Steel Bottle
Aside from the no-spill straw, the cup also has two swivel top removable handles that successfully prevent leaks and spills all while helping toddlers easily grip their cups.
Another great feature is the open/close straw cover to keep things more hygienic. Last, but not least, you can also opt for replacement straws just in case.
The only downside in my opinion is that in comes in limited color options.
7. Thermos Foogo – $37.98
Ideal for keeping drinks cool for up to 10 hours, the double wall stainless Thermos Foogo stainless steel sippy cup features a push-button lid that is leakproof until you pop it open to gain access to the straw.
As your little one grows, you can easily swap the lid with other Foogo styles. The cup is BPA Free, scratch-resistant, and dishwasher-safe.
8. Elk and Friends Stainless Steel Cups – $34.99
These adorable kids & Toddler Cups with Silicone Sleeves look just like our favorite mason jars.
Aside from being cute, the sleeve also provides protection from bumps and drops as well as a greater grip for those little hands.
Available in 7 colors, the cups come with leak-proof and air-tight storage lids and silicone straws with stoppers. On top of that, you can easily convert them to open cups as soon as your kid becomes a bit too comfortable with using the straw.
Elk and Friends also makes this same cup in a glass version which is also a great option.
9. Real Deal Steel Mugs (Set of 2) – $29.99
These cups come with a silicone straw attached to the mug’s lid which is leak-proof and mesh-free. These cups can easily turn into regular drinking mugs by removing the lid when it’s time for another drinking transition.
Why Pick a Stainless Steel Sippy Cup For Your Toddler?
Toxic Chemicals Lurking In Sippy Cups
You’d think that plastic sippy cups wouldn’t contain nearly as many chemicals and heavy metals as regular bottles. But, sadly, this isn’t the case.
Substances like bisphenol A (BPA) can leach into the water and force our little ones to come in contact with endocrine-disrupting chemicals.
So what about a BPA-free traditional sippy cup? Well, those come with risks as well. A lot of companies have replaced BPA with BPS.
This under-the-radar chemical is known for its inability to biodegrade, which basically means that “once it is absorbed into the human body it may stay for a longer period of time,” experts say.
Let’s not forget that U.S. landfills are overflowing with more than 2 million tons of discarded water bottles as we speak!
In fact, More than 700 species, including sea turtles, fish, and whales, eat plastic or get tangled up in plastic waste — regular cup options are no exception. ‘
Now, if you consider the huge amount of fossil fuels that come along with plastic bottles, the right option is pretty evident. By choosing stainless steel sippy cup alternatives, you can rest assured knowing that it won’t end up in a landfill somewhere for up to 1,000 years.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Stainless Steel Sippy Cups?
Unlike their plastic counterparts, the best stainless steel sippy cup options are far healthier and more durable.
Also known as the world’s first ‘rustless steel’, stainless steel is extremely corrosion, heat, and fire resistant. On top of that, because it is so easy to clean and sanitize, stainless steel water bottles and cups are very hygienic.
Plus, stainless steel doesn’t contain harmful heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, or arsenic that are known for leaching into the water, food, etc.
Moreover, it’s 100% recyclable and doesn’t need to go through rigorous manufacturing stages. This means that less fuel is consumed in the process of making the best sippy cups.
How To Pick the Right Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
Now that you know why opting for stainless steel baby bottles is the best option for your kids’ health and safety, let’s get into the trickier part: choosing the best toddler cups.
Consider the spout:
There are 4 main sprout options to consider:
- The straw cup: These sippies are known for encouraging sucking rather than sipping, however, they do promote a more mature pattern of swallowing that will eventually help your kid to safely drink and eat.
- Spouts: Cups with a soft spout or a hard spout (aka a tube projecting from the container) mimic the shape of the nipple, which helps kids do the initial transition. Nonetheless, hard spouts can affect your baby’s swallowing habits, speech development, and teeth. So it would be best to stick with a soft sprout just to be safe.
- 360-lid: The spill-proof, 360-lid option is an ideal trainer cup if you want to encourage the child to sip much like they would from a regular cup. They don’t have a spout or a straw, meaning that the liquid will flow from all angles.
- Open cups: Open cups encourage proper swallowing patterns and correct sipping action (rather than sucking). Plus, they are great for helping babies build the muscles in their mouths.
Double Walled Insulation
When choosing the best stainless steel sippy cup for babies, moms should always go with double-walled insulation options.
These containers have two layers, specifically created to keep drinks cold or warm for longer periods.
Handle or No Handle Options
Handles definitely help little hands grab onto the cups a whole lot easier, but if the kid has already developed their motor skills, it would be best to opt for cups with no handles instead.
For very young children, however, the process of holding, lifting, and tipping a cup with two handles can be very beneficial.
It goes without saying that your new toddler cups have to be dishwasher-safe and able to cope with high temperatures. This way, you can be sure that the cups are fully washed and sanitized before every use.
More Helpful Guides:
Baby and Toddler
- 19 Best Minimalist Shoes For Kids and Toddlers [and Barefoot Shoes]
- Best Baby Shoes For Fat Feet (and Wide Feet) 2023
- 45+ Affordable Organic Baby Clothing Brands
- 25 Eco Friendly Baby Clothes Brands For Your Baby
- 10 Best Baby Shampoo For Curly Hair 
- 9 Best Pacifiers For a Breastfed Baby
- 10 Best Baby Shoes For Early Walkers 
- 10 Best Organic Baby Pajamas – Mom Approved
- Non Toxic Sand For Sandbox: 3 Picks
- 8 Minimalist Winter Shoes For Toddlers (2023)
- 12 Best Stainless Steel Sippy Cup Options For Every Budget
- Best Organic Toddler Pillow Options 
- The 10 Best Toddler Sleep Sacks (2023)
- 12 Infant and Toddler Large Motor Activities
- 25 Water Toys for Kids
- 8 Best Organic Vitamins For Kids
- Lovevery Block Set Review: Is It Worth It?
- Best Non Toxic Baby Sunscreen – 6 Picks (Tested 2023)
- 5 Best Non-Toxic Nail Polish For Toddlers (2023 Picks Tested)
- Top 7 Best Organic Baby Cereal Picks (2023)
Home and Nursery
- 12 Best Split Screen Baby Monitors 
- Non-Toxic Baby Pool Options For Kids 
- 20 Best Rocking Chairs and Gliders For a Small Nursery 
- The 20 Best Blackout Curtains For Your Nursery 
- 10 Best Nursery Chairs For Small Spaces 
- Top 8 Best Non Toxic Baby Swing Options 
- Best Baby Swing for Reflux – 7 Picks 
- 6 Best Organic Cotton Crib Sheets 
- 8 Non-Toxic Couches For a Healthy Living Room
- The 20 Best Blackout Curtains For Your Nursery 
- 10 Best Baby Activity Table Picks (2023)
- 9 Best Baby Play Gym Picks (2023)
- 7 Best Baby Bath Seat Picks (2023)
- 10 Best Cheap Baby Monitor Options 2023
- 8 Best Fans For a Nursery and Baby’s Room 
- 9 Best Bassinet For Breastfeeding – 2023 Picks
- The Best Bassinet For Small Spaces – Top 10 
- 11 Best Natural Baby Laundry Detergent Picks
- 8 Best Non Toxic Crib Mattress Picks
- Best Organic Nursing Pillow (5 Top Picks)
- 8 Best Non Toxic Crib Mattress Picks
- 9 Top Bathtub for Toddlers Picks (2023)
- 7 Best Non Toxic Crib Options 2023
- 15 Best Baby Carriers For Nursing 
- Best Baby Carriers For Plus Size Parents 
- 7 Best Cameras For Sports Moms (2023)
- 10 Best Blenders For Pureeing Food
- Best Baby Carrier For Disney World (Top 7 – 2023)
- Best Diono Car Seat – 7 Car Seats Compared
- 9 Best Toddler Hiking Boots 2023
- Best Travel Baby Monitor Picks 
- 9 Best Baby Carriers For Travel
- 20 Best Baby Toys For Airplane Travel
- 20 Best Toddler Toys For Road Trips
- The Best Kids Shoes For Disney 
- 7 Best Baby Travel Bed Options – Ranked By A Traveling Mom
- 6 Best Toddler Headphones for a Plane Ride (2023)